How could AI and ChatGPT improve your marketing?
Kelly Haynes - 03.05.2023
How Could AI and ChatGPT Improve Your Marketing?
The last few months have seen marketing agencies running in fear from the shadow of AI, and in particular, ChatGPT. Does this new tool mark the end of content creation services? Is our whole creative team and studio now surplus to requirements? Are the analytics retainers we spent months negotiating about to become the next victim of the great marketing budget die-back?
The answer, fortunately for most of us marketing folk, is probably a ‘no’. Unless you stick your head in the sand and pretend that the AI conversation isn’t happening. Or, importantly, that your clients and customers aren’t going to be asking some of the same questions and then start looking for someone else to help them with answers!
At Fireworx, we’d prefer to get out in front of AI and to help our clients understand how ChatGPT and other AI tools can help improve their marketing and make it more effective.
First things first, let’s let ChatGPT have its say…
How Does ChatGPT Think It Can Improve Your Marketing?
As an AI language model, ChatGPT can provide various ways to improve your marketing efforts. Here are a few ways ChatGPT can help:
- Audience analysis: ChatGPT can help you analyze your target audience by providing insights into their interests, behavior patterns, and preferences. This can help you tailor your marketing messages to resonate with them better.
- Content creation: ChatGPT can assist you in creating high-quality content for your marketing campaigns. It can generate compelling headlines, product descriptions, social media posts, and even video scripts.
- Keyword research: ChatGPT can help you identify the most relevant and profitable keywords for your marketing campaigns. This can help you rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) and attract more organic traffic to your website.
- Chatbots: ChatGPT can help you develop chatbots that can engage with customers on your website, social media, or messaging apps. These chatbots can provide personalized recommendations, answer FAQs, and assist customers with their purchase decisions.
- Predictive analytics: ChatGPT can help you leverage predictive analytics to identify trends and patterns in your customer data. This can help you make data-driven decisions, optimize your marketing campaigns, and improve your ROI.
Overall, ChatGPT can provide valuable insights and support to improve your marketing efforts. Whether it’s audience analysis, content creation, or predictive analytics, ChatGPT can help you stay ahead of the competition and grow your business. Source: ChatGPT
Is There Anything Wrong With ChatGPT’s Pitch?
So, should marketers all be signing up for a career change?
Again; no! Because although there’s nothing wrong with the response, there’s also very little “right”. And by that, we mean there’s nothing new or world-changingly-insightful that is going to change or improve anyone’s marketing. In fact, there’s nothing there but generic guidance. So, would we be scared if one of our client’s competitors got rid of their agency, and decided to hand the brief over to the robots?
No. In fact, we’d be delighted. Because marketing successfully is nothing to do with being generic, average or ‘ticking all the boxes’.
It’s about understanding your customers, walking a mile in their shoes and developing your product to be the best it can be in solving their problems or delighting and entertaining them.
ChatGPT Shouldn’t Be Replacing Your Marketing Team Anytime Soon.
At Fireworx, our sole purpose is to help every single one of our clients understand their customers better in order to build their competitive advantage. We’ll then build a plan to communicate to those customers effectively so that their business grows.
We’ll tick all of the ChatGPT boxes and stitch them all together in a way that works best by using our experience in our client’s sector.
We’ll even chuck in the knowledge, people skills and passion to bring everyone along for the ride for free.
And yes, we’ll probably use ChatGPT with specific tasks along the way, such as aggregating research responses, finding or creating a god-forsakenly niche image or scripting a technical chatbot response that would take us 8 times longer. Because, that’s what a good agency should do.
So if you’re looking for some insight into how you should be adopting AI into your marketing plan, just drop us a line. Or better still, pick up the phone!
Hasta La Vista, Baby. 🤖